Saturday 5 July 2014

Day 14: Woke up early to head to the Grand Canyon. Had to have the Motorcycle serviced since it was closed in Grand Junction. Zion Harley took good care of me. The weather and heat changed my plans once 10am hit. I looked on the map and Zion National Park was close to St. Geroge. Even with the heat it was only 30 miles away so I headed out with water, sunscreen and the camera.

It was a great stop with winding roads, hot sun and great views of the canyons, cliffs and desert. It was a lot of stopping to take in the scenery and was a great trip for little distance to cover. There was a lot of geology to see with different formations over time, educational and scenic.

I took it easy on the bike due to the heat which gave me an excuse to to get off the bike and hike a little bit on some of the pull offs with walking trails. It was like an outdoor sauna.


Heading back towards Hurricane Utah to rest up for the night before going onto Las Vegas for a few days and a rest!

Total today: 66 miles

Total: 3973mi

No comments:

Post a Comment