Saturday 21 June 2014

Day 4: Sadly left Cincinnati and was going to head for Indianapolis. First was a service job at the Cincinnati Harley Dealership. The weather was turning out to be great and wanted to travel a little further so I quickly dipped down into Kentucky and saw some of the barrels for making their bourbon and got on the road afterwards (no time to pack the famous drink)

After Kentucky I retraced my tracks towards Indianapolis. I realized Peoria wasn't too far away and in gaining another day but cutting out Indiana it might be worth it down the road. I realize now that I am glad I made the trip because I will be losing a day tomorrow having to reroute due to, ironically enough, the weather in Illinois.

I have never seen clouds so dark blue and black roll in so fast with a storm, lighting touching down on both sides of the interstate and I pulled off and had to prop the bike up myself to prevent it from tipping over until I drove it under an Arby's right next to the building to shield it from the wind. After about an hour the lightning and heavy rain stopped and proceeded the last hour to Peoria. The hotel is an older once in its heyday 80's themed one with an indoor pool eating area and rooms looking inward towards the pool and lounge, very strange but it's nice to have the variety.

I'm done rambling, but I have rerouted my trip and will unfortunately have to skip Iowa as the rain is just too much. I am heading south, to St. Louis tomorrow and then trying to make my way back up through to Omaha in the coming days.

Today: 322 miles/5 hours driving
Total: 1392 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment