Tuesday 24 June 2014

Day 7:

Left Topeka Kansas this morning and headed to Lincoln Nebraska. I took route 75 north instead of taking the interstates which I much enjoyed, realizing the gas stations are much farther apart (not every 10 miles) so I will keep that in mind as I move further out west and off the main interstates.

Once in Lincoln I visited the University of Nebraska but didnt stay long as I had an appointment to get an oil change again (2000 miles completed so far in total) and spoke to a guy who was getting service done as well. He mentioned taking route 34 instead of interstate 80 to get to Kearney which I did do for part of the way, it was full of great skies and cows, mostly.

I am reworking some of my routes to avoid rain (I drove in about 40 mins of it today only) but would like to avoid some of the crazy weather and thundershowers and high winds going on in Indiana and Denver.

Distance today: 296 mi/4:43 travelled
Total: 2164 mi


No comments:

Post a Comment