Thursday 23 July 2015

Day 3: Newgrange -> Trim -> Adree -> Warrenpoint
I had a really great night at a Hostel in Newgrange, the Newgrange Lodge, there, the lady working the front and I had about a half hour conversation on the Boyne Valley area, what to see and about the history on the land. I can't stress enough how polite and accommodating people are here, they are proud of their history and they love to share their stories, which is great when you're touring and trying to get a feel for the country.
I started off towards Hill of Tara, a very spiritual and historic place (visually maybe not as stunning) but the history of the Kings that were there and the feel there definitely was worth stopping. I also viewed but didn't go into Trim Castle, headed towards Navan for lunch. There a gentleman saw me parking, warned me they ticket and offered to watch my bike while I walked around and would let me know if anyone came by, random kindness for no reason, he even recommended a restaurant to eat at close by.From there I attempted to see Monasterboice but got side tracked on another windy small road. I decided from there I was going to head further north, as I had spoken to Caroline and Megan about meeting up again in Caroline's home town (which at the time I was not sure of where it was) After some spotty Wifi and around 6pm I fortunately crossed into Northern Ireland (unknowingly) there was no border check I crossed.
Coming into Warrenpoint was beautiful and met up with the girls at a burger shop before walking around the town and the shore, it was really nice to be with people I knew after a long day on the motorcycle, we went for ice cream and had a treat that Caroline had as a kid (her treat, again the unbelievable kindness). It was getting dark so we drove outside of town to her grandmothers house where I was greeted with a warm welcome and offered tea, although her accent was thick and I had to ask what was said a few times, I had a very nice conversation about Ireland, television programs and other small tidbits with her, it was great. We all had a glass of wine and I was forutnate enough to stay in a spare bedroom at their house for the night, way way more than I expected and Caroline, I have said it before but thank you so so very much for your hospitality. 
I plan to head to Bushmills and Giants Causeway in the morning!



Total km: 200km



No comments:

Post a Comment