Wednesday 29 July 2015

Day 9: Carlow-> Kildare -> Dublin


From Carlow I got up packed up for the last time going on the bike (a little sad about this) and headed towards Kill. I drove around the countryside some and took in the last of the sights before heading back to Celtic Rider to see Paul and Louise and drop off the bike. They warmly welcomed me back and I didn't have a lot of time before catching a bus back into Dublin, but enough to speak to them about the highlights and how much I really loved the trip and the sights and people of Ireland.

Paul then drove me to the Bus stop, he waited with me, he talked about the town and it's history, the trip had ended much as it had started he took time out of his busy day again to really make sure I had a good time and could appreciate the history of the area, quite remarkable. Once on the bus I headed back to downtown Dublin where I stupidly carried my bag for a few kilometers to the hotel. I changed and headed back down to the Jameson Distillery and had a tour before heading to The Brazen Head Pub (thank you Julia and Paul for the recommendation) it is the oldest pub in Ireland, founded in 1198. There I enjoyed a few pints of Guinness and had a meal, Guinness marinated beef stew, it was delicious. From there I went to the Temple Bar and enjoyed live Irish music while sitting at a table with two guys from Liverpool, two from Germany, a guy and girl from USA and one from Australia, it was pretty special to swap stories and talk about our experiences.

I then headed to one last pub, the name escapes me, before heading back finishing packing and gather a few hours sleep before heading to the airport for Canada.



No comments:

Post a Comment