Saturday 25 July 2015

Day 5: Sligo (sleigh-go) -> Galway -> Cong

For the first time I slept in until about 11am, I was tired from the day before and restfully drove towards Mayo (Galway and Cong) to see some friends. I decided since I was a bit early I would try and see Galway first, there was an art festival going on, as well as a fresh product market, it had a very old historic feel and was the only time the gps put me down a road that was actually a walkway, but seeing some of the roads I was on I didn't think twice driving down it, after some kind people informed me I got turned around and headed back to Cong to meet Rae.
I arrived late due to a huge car accident (the first I had seen and surprisingly so due to the closeness of the driving and the speeds you can get up to, it is MUCH easier to drive a motorcycle even with the luggage bags!) We met at Lydon's and had a coffee before she went off to work, I received a 65 red roses pin (sounds like cystic fibrosis) and wore it the duration of my trip. She had to run off to work but we later hung out that night back at Lydon's over some beers. I had some trouble finding Dana and Kayla's place but after speaking to random gentleman on the Ashford Castle grounds (yes they live on castle grounds!) and receiving a history on the movie The Quiet Man (which I will now watch) I cleaned up and met Dana at the Lodge on the Castle grounds. A big thank you goes out to Robert at the front desk and Jorg (spelling?) and most importantly Dana for one of the best experiences of my life, I ate like a king, I felt like a king, and I had the most incredible 5 item meal. I cannot say thank you enough for how awesome this was.
Later Dana and I walked down after his shift and he told me about the history of the grounds before landing into the bar for a few drinks, it was lovely to met Rachel, Jack, Selena? I couldn't gather your name quite right with the accent haha and all the people of Cong who were so welcoming and warm to showing up, I want to return I promise and I will try and bring a Canadian gift basket for new friends to enjoy and old to have a taste of home.

Total kms: 375




No comments:

Post a Comment