Monday 27 July 2015


Day 7: Ennis -> Killimer -> Tarbert -> Tralee -> Ring of Kerry -> Cork
Day 7 was by far the longest day I encountered. I started off from Ennis in the wetsuit and headed towards
the ferry to save some time, the wind had been quite aggressive driving on the Atlantic Way. Driving in rain, heat, rough roads all of which I can handle quite well, but wind is one thing I truly dislike encountering as it can throw you off quite quickly especially with a motorcycle you are unfamiliar with! I drove from Tralee (a wonderful little town) to the Ring of Kerry. If you ever visit Ireland this has to be a stop for you. I was so fortunate as well that the skies cleared while I was on the most Westernly point of the ride to have sun and beautiful scenery around me on the narrow windy roads.
 

 I decided to land into Cork for the night where I went to Reardens Bar and a few other establishments, I ended up meeting a lot of really great people to enjoy the evening with, I still am astonished by the level of genuine kindness here, especially thank you to Ian for driving and Jenny for helping me find accommodation! I have many offers out to those wanting to come over and see Nova Scotia that are standing. My Canada hat is now in the hands of a Cork resident, whoever you are, please enjoy it! Julie and Jessica it was wonderful to meet you as well and I wish your brothers all the best Julie, it was the first person I met who had personally had a connection to Cystic Fibrosis on the road and it was really nice to speak to you about them and I wish them all the best, I kept their stories as motivation while on the road.
Total kms: 325km

No comments:

Post a Comment