Saturday 8 July 2017

Day 11: Winnipeg to Moose Jaw

I woke up Wednesday Morning to meet with the Cystic Fibrosis Canada team from Winnipeg. Andrea and Dawn and Jean treated me to a delicious breakfast and got to speak with them about the trip. Honestly it was nice to sit and chat with people who have the same passion, thank you so much for making the time to see me on my sporatic schedule.

After gassing up I headed out towards Regina. About mid where there an old friend Scott Meaden, who I grew up with, messaged me to see if I'd be coming to see the base in Moose Jaw. I took advantage of the straight away silky smooth pavement (except Regina-your constuction protocols perplexed me) I met him and did the flight simulator and went out and was treated (I am spoiled waay to much) with a steak dinner and then had some beers and reminisced and caught up, was even abel to speak to Andrew his brother by phone where he lives in Edmonton, felt like the good old times when we were kids. Scott also let me take his ride for a rip! Nice to try out some major horsepower!

Hot 34 degree driving. 642 km 6:34 on the bike


No comments:

Post a Comment