Sunday 9 July 2017

Day 12: Moose Jaw to Medicine Hat


I got up this morning and headed back to the base to see more of what Scott does. It was an amazing display of proficiency coordination and skill. Had a blast seeing the Harvard Hawk and Snowbird jets. I met John Scott's wing man as well as Mario an emergency seat instructor and received pins to wear on my jacket, Braydon a fellow motorcyclists as well as many other staff who work tirelessly to serve us Canadians. Was definitely an eye opening experience to see the day to day operation.
Another long day (as per next paragraph) as I was feeling deflated.

Day 12
: continued.
As I was pulling out of CFB Moose Jaw Scott mentioned he saw something white on my tire from the night before. We rolled it out as I was leaving and found a screw embedded into the tire. Pressure was good but after some pondering I found a shop. Jim at Action Cycle had a Honda Supersport and other old KZs and CBs in his shop. He was an amazing guy to talk to and he patched my tire lubed the chain as we talked bikes. He was an amazing mechanic and was kind enough to fix it as a donation to the trip. An incredible human being and saved me a day or two off the road. Claude thank you too as well for helping me along the road. I needed an expert opinion and you helped me yet again. I'm indebted to you as well.
Scott-thank you so much for the tour of the base and for dinner and the conversation. Ultimately you saved me from a nasty fall had that screw set into the tire. When we pulled it the air deflated in a few seconds and going the average non listed speeds they do in Saskatchewan I would have lost more than just a few days.
400km 3:48 on road.

No comments:

Post a Comment