Thursday 13 July 2017

Day 17: Banff-> Kamloops, British Columbia
I had to regretfully say good bye to Banff, the weather was great and I stuck around until noon driving some more hairpin turns up the mountain sides. **Side note my laptop screen broke a few days ago so GoPro and blog updates will be coming when I get home.
From Banff I headed out to BC following a massive landscape of mountain range and a train that was along side for most of the day, it was a very Canadian feel, it was 33° and mainly sunny. Much different than the day before in Banff (10° and overcast!)
What wasn't lost on me however was the worst driving I've seen (even versus Montreal). Tractor trailers are a headache (so far blown tire and debris have gotten to me) but necessary part of driving the Trans Canada however some of the maneuvering was down right dangerous to other drivers on the road. I get blown around and tailgated and I expect that due to the low grades and high climbs but it was scary to see the position other commuters were put in to have to pull off or have a truck land in their hood or bumper. Sorry for a rant. Be mindful of others on the road I suppose, I know I appreciate it as a motorcyclists!


From there I headed into BC, met a nice guy whole waiting on construction who rides a Triumph Bonneville.
The smoke wasn't overly bad until right before Kamloops. I wore my Vog mask and took frequent breaks to get out of the air. Proceeded into Kamloops and got to meet up with Caelinwings bro Brett for a Chinese food gorge and a night in to relax. It was a taxing day of driving but also very beautiful.
500km 4:37 on Motorcycle

No comments:

Post a Comment