Monday 10 July 2017

Day 13: Medicine Hat to Calgary





I rested up and looked over the bike checked the tire that had been patched and headed out to Calgary. The Alberta Special Olympics were going on and had the pleasure of meeting Josh and some of the other athletes over breakfast. It was 33° and sunny it was not pleasant in full gear and had to shed a layer in the city core as the stampede event had traffic backed up. Jenny overheated so it was an effort to get in.
Over the next few days I'm staying with a friend from home, Lorianne and her fiancĂ© Rob to host me and help me navigate the stampede grounds. I went down to the grounds, met Robin a Motorcycle track guy then proceeded for an evening show with Chuck wagon racing with Troy Dorchester riding a Carstar Chuck wagon with Cystic Fibrosis Canada being featured. A Fireworks show and Jan Arden who doesn't look like Jan Arden anymore but still sings like Jan Arden. I will be going back tomorrow for more food!
291km 2:41 on the Motorcycle

No comments:

Post a Comment